welcome to New Plymouth Old Boys' Swimming and Surf Club (Inc)
The club is located on Tasman Parade in Oakura, just 15 minutes drive from New Plymouth and has provided lifeguard services at Oakura Beach since 1948.
The club patrols Oakura Beach from November through to March; conducting patrols on both Saturdays and Sundays.
The club's primary focus is on promoting individual water safety and also providing a patrol service to ensuring that the beach at Oakura is safely managed during the club season. However we are dedicated to training and educating junior and senior club members and have an active competitive membership.
Our Club Provides;
• An important community service
• A focal point for the Oakura Beach community
• A healthy outdoor lifestyle for members and families
• Lifeguard, sport and fitness training for all members
• A real sense of belonging and emphasis on family involvement
• Beach education for Primary and Intermediate students
• An operational facility for Civil Defence/Emergency Management, as and when required.
Children from ages 5 to 13 are welcome to join our Junior Surf program and those 14+ would join our senior surf program. Both competitive pool and surf life saving training and life guarding skills are offered to all of our members.
Social members are also welcome to join the club for a nominal fee and can enjoy the beachfront amenities that the club offers.
Whether you are interested in sport, lifeguarding, meeting new people or you have moved to Taranaki and you just want a place to train and store your gear - New Plymouth Old Boys' Surf Life Saving Club is waiting for you!