Our general Sunday training sessions start at 10am. To assist our coaches and ensure you get the most out of training it is beneficial to have children at club by 9.45 so the children have signed in and are ready for briefing at 10.
The sessions usually last until 11.30. Parents are invited and encouraged to share the experiences of Junior Surf activities with their children. Involvement within other aspects of the club is also welcomed. This may include the gaining of awards to assist in coaching, officiating or administrating. You are definitely welcome at NPOB surf club.
There are many ways you can assist in both the juniors and the club in general.
- Setting up the beach before training. You can be of great help by arriving 30 minutes early to offer assistance
- Washing off boards or helping to pack up beach equipment at the end of training
- Assist the coach during training
- Assist with fundraising activities
- Volunteer to help with BBQ
- Gain your surf coaching certificate or surf lifesaving award
- Become an official. Our club can organize courses for you to achieve this
NPOB Junior Surf Lifesaving Club is an integral part of surf club activity. It is the future face and training ground of our lifeguards. Our programme aims to teach the children invaluable skills regarding water safety and also skills that will help them progress through to become a lifeguard with the club. In doing so we encourage them to have fun, strive to do their best, and develop to their full potential.