NPOB Surf Club aims to encourage children to achieve, do their
best and develop to their full potential, whilst learning new
skills and having fun. We encourage participation in all
Our junior surf programme is a great opportunity for families to
become involved in surf lifesaving. More importantly however, it
teaches children how to keep themselves and their friends' safe at
the beach. Eventually this can give them the potential to be
a role model for the community and (if they wish) a patrolling
member of our club.
Our junior surf programme enables kids to learn about being surf
smart and gives them a chance to pursue a sport which covers land
and water activities. We teach them what they need to know
about being a young lifesaver but also focus our efforts on being a
team player and improving self-confidence.
- To encourage children to participate in and enjoy water and
surf lifesaving activities
- Assist children to develop and improve their water and
surflifesaving skils and knowledge.
- Improve the self-image of children by developing their self
confidence and social interaction skills
- Involve parents and members of the community as leaders,
coaches, administrators and supporters.
Our children are separated into groups based on their age:
- Nip nips are U7s on the 1st October
- Nippers are 7, 8 and 9 year olds on the 1st October
- Rookies are 10 and 11 year olds on the 1st October
- Cadets are 12 and 13 year olds on the 1st October
For further information Click
Here for a personal handbook with everything you should need to